Thursday, June 17, 2010

Second pre trip update

Hello dear friends and family!

I am rejoicing today as I get to the final 12 days before travel! I know that God has amazing plans to change my life by allowing me to be a part of changing others' lives. I want to thank you for the love and support you have shown me, even though this may seem a bit of a crazy adventure for someone my age to be taking on. My 30 day visa came in the mail yesterday, so I am all good for the first thirty days in country (trusting HIM to help us get the visas renewed while in country!!) Here are some prayer points:

  • Finances are still much needed to make this trip possible without large amounts of debt. (about $2500) Right now the majority of money I had to spend on flights was charged to a credit card and the balance is now sitting on the account. Please pray that God will provide me with everything I need financially.
  • I have less than two weeks and I still haven't gotten started on packing yet! Pray I don't forget anything I really need!!!!
  • Again I ask that everyone continues to pray and lift up my family (especially my sisters) in prayer while I am gone. The girls are very much saddened by the fact that I am leaving and don't want me to go. The fact that they don't have any concept of time only makes it harder on them. They don't understand why I have to leave them behind, and it is hurting their hearts.
  • PLEASE pray for me to have peace and joy as I leave. I am just a bit nervous about being away from my family for this long as well, but this opportunity was clearly a God thing, and I want to be able to feel the amazing joy God always brings to me when I am caring for "the least of these"
I cannot tell you how much I appreciate every prayer said for me and everything concerning my trip. It is the thing that lifts me up daily when I get discouraged.

I love you all!
Hannah

No comments: