Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all my brothers and sisters out there. I thank God for the gift He gave freely to all of us. It may sound cliche' but it truly is the MOST important thing to remember that Christmas is not just a day where we give all our family members and close friends all these gifts that we stayed up til midnight on Christmas Eve trying to get wrapped, it is a day that we celebrate because GOD CAME to the Earth in order to show us a supernatural love and to save us from our own flesh and blood. PRAISE GOD FOR HIS LOVE. He truly is inspirational like no other. As I remember the birth of my savior today, I contemplate everything He represented as He was born to a teenage girl in a stable. He, God of all the world allowed Himself to become a helpless baby in order to save those He loved so much. I'm so grateful for that. This morning I opened up presents, and gave presents, and got to be with my family in our warm house, and our very unusual and nontraditional Mexican feast is being cooked downstairs. I feel so blessed, and guilty that we have once again had a year of overabundant blessing, and have not given any of it away. My little brother (who, by the way is only 11 and I'm SO PROUD OF HIM) and I often talk about how we want to change things in the world, and we've both decided that our Christmases involve TOO much getting, when truly the giving is what it was all about. I can't wait until next Christmas! I pray God gives you a vision this new year to see things changed around you, that He gives you new hopes and dreams, and the strength and courage and a way to carry all these things out. Happy Birthday, Jesus! :)

No comments: