Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Haiti here we go!

I am so grateful for this grand adventure that I have called my life. The good and the bad have all caused me to become uncomfortable with the thought of ever becoming stagnant. If there is no push and pull, if there is no pain and no struggle, there is not growth. But by the grace of God, THERE IS GROWTH HERE! Growth also stems from reaching a new chapter in life, and this year, there have been plenty of those; the biggest being that I married my best friend last August. These past seven months have been an absolute whirlwind, but it has been a very joyful time of enjoying our new life together. China lies in wait, ever burning on my heart. I cry out almost daily to my father asking Him to send me back, but His still quiet voice has continued to whisper, "Patience". While I patiently await the time where I can go back to those beautiful people, I have been given an incredible opportunity to begin to make the next step in my life. 

I have been preparing for a career in Occupational therapy for the past 6 semesters at my undergraduate. This summer, God has opened the doors for me to really learn what it would look like to combine my passion for the healthcare industry with my heart for the broken and abandoned children of the world. The Lord laid Occupational Therapy in the missions field on my heart a very long time ago as I prayed for wisdom about my future. A few months ago I was blessed to come across an organization that conducts short term missions trips to various developing countries to build sensorimotor spaces for children in need. Though my goal is to eventually serve overseas longterm, this organization is doing exactly what I am hoping to do in the future. I am so excited to work with them to improve the lives of these sweet children in Haiti that have been suffering from the lack of resources for their disabilities. It is quite an amazing thing to make a lasting impact on a child's life in such a way! Please consider partnering with me! I have set up a Fundly account which allows donors to make their donation directly to me online without any hassle of having to mail a check! Click on the widget on the side of this page to check out my fundraiser and watch my progress as the trip approaches! Thank you for allowing me to share my heart with you! 

No comments: