Monday, June 15, 2009

Saturday Didn't go as Planned

On Saturday I was up at 4:45 am and completely ecstatic. Today was finally going to be the day I would meet my little sister and I couldn't wait. I got to the airport, checked my bags, and right as I was saying goodbye to my family, I got a call from my leader who was in Nashville with the rest of the team waiting to board their plane which was delayed. I flew out to Miami anyways but when I got there I had a message on my phone from a team member telling me that their flight to Miami had been canceled and now I needed to get a ticket and fly to Nashville to stay the night with them so we could catch the first flight out in the morning to San Salvador. I was so sad. I got everything straightened out and then watched the plane to ES, the one I should have been on, board all its passengers and take off before I headed downstairs and flew to TN. A girl from my team met me at the airport and we drove back to the hotel. In a way, it was a blessing to have some time to get to know the team before we started ministry together, I got to hang out with the other teens on the trip and we had a great time. We really looked forward to getting to El Salvador the next day.

No comments: