Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sunday- first time meeting Ana Julia

We woke up at 3 am on Sunday to head to the airport. The whole team was more than ready to be in El Salvador already. This time everything went as planned. The flights went out at their scheduled times and after an uneventful day of traveling, we finally got to El Salvador!! We all got through customs without any problems (thank the Lord!) and everyone's luggage was where it was supposed to be. My luggage made it to ES the day before I did and it was a huge relief to find that it hadn't been lost. (thanks to everyone who prayed for my safety and for the luggage!!) It was so good to see our missionary friends again and I was more than happy that we were getting to stay at their house. We had a short orientation with our hosts and then another with the directors of La Casa De Mi Padre (the orphanage where my sister lives) before breaking for dinner. We had pizza hut and I think that was about the best pizza I've ever tasted! Then came my favorite part of the day; I got to meet my little sister for the first time. She's too cute, but she's a little stinker. We got to watch hotel for dogs in Spanish with English subtitles with all the kids at La Casa, and my good friend translated for me. Here are some pictures from our first meeting.
The matching flip flops I bought for the two of us before the trip. Isn't that just adorable?


Meant to be sisters. Forever!!!!!

Hope you are enjoying the updates so far!!!

No comments: